Current London Restaurant and Food NewsNews
British Restaurant Best in the World!
Ella Johnston, editor of Restaurant Magazine
The ceremony on Monday 18th April 2005 at London city venue The Royal Exchange revealed the voting results of the panel of more than 500 international chefs, critics and restaurateurs.
Two times winner (2003 & 2004) Thomas Keller of The French Laundry had to cede defeat to last yearís runner up Heston Blumenthal, of The Fat Duck in Bray, who has rocked the world with his self-taught & highly admired molecular gastronomy. Coming top of the tree means Blumenthal also scoops the Best in Europe Award.
Keller didnít leave empty handed however as The French Laundry was voted Best American Restaurant and his second restaurant Per Se in New York which he opened less than two years ago was the highest new entry ranking an impressive 7th place.
Other superstar chefs juggled their commitments successfully enough to see two of their restaurants in the top 50.
By building great teams they were able to deliver the finest restaurant experiences. This achievement was recRestaurant Magazine's 50 Best Restaurants in the World
- The Fat Duck Ė Best in Europe - Bray, Berks, England.
- El Bulli - Chefís Choice - Montjoi, Spain.
- The French Laundry - Best in Americas - Yountville, California, USA.
- Tetsuya's - Best in Australasia - Sydney, Australia.
- Gordon Ramsay - London, England.
- Pierre Gagnaire - Paris, France.
- Per Se - Highest New Entry - New York, USA.
- Tom Aikens - London, England.
- Jean Georges - New York, USA.
- St John - London, England.
- Michel Bras - Laguiole, France.
- Le Louis XV - Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- Chez Panisse - Highest Climber - Berkeley, California, USA.
- Charlie Trotter - Chicago, USA.
- Gramercy Tavern - New York, USA.
- Guy Savoy - Paris, France.
- Restaurant Alain Ducasse - Paris, France.
- The Gallery at Sketch - London, England.
- The Waterside Inn - Bray, Berks, England.
- Nobu - London, England.
- Restaurante Arzak - San Sebas
London Restaurant Features, Articles and News Archives
RSS / XML News Feeds
Automatically keep up-to-date on London restaurant customer reviews, new openings, and news and Articles. An RSS Reader is required to view news feed services.
RSS Latest Reviews (live reviews)
RSS New Restaurants in London (updates as appropriate)
RSS XML News Feed (regular news updates)